Yes, you read correct, and it is possible.
You see, you don’t have to give up your favorite foods to build muscle and stay lean. You simply have to know how to cook your favorite foods with muscle building in mind. Here is an awesome recipe for muscle building chicken nuggets:
Makes 6 Servings
- - 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6 oz. / 170 g each
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of oat bran
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml of wheat germ
- - 1 Tbsp / 15 ml coarsely ground flaxseed
- - 1/4 cup / 60 ml coarsely ground almonds
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml sea salt
- - 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml white pepper
- - Pinch garlic powder
- - 1/2 cup / 120 ml water or low-sodium chicken broth
- - 1 large egg white, lightly beatenDirections
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating lightly with best-quality olive oil.
- 2. Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1.5 inches square. Set aside.
- 3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
- 4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- 5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.Nutritional Facts
(Per Serving – 4 Nuggets)
- Calories: 100
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 3.5g